Actian PSQL v13 or Btrieve v12 Developer Jump Start Program
Quickly Migrate to Actian Zen/PSQL v13 or Btrieve v12
Do you have an old application that hasn't been tested with Actian PSQL v13 or Btrieve v12 yet? If so, then you need to be aware that all of the older versions of the database engine have been discontinued by Actian and are getting harder to find.
NOW is the right time to make your move to PSQL v13, and Goldstar Software is here to help!
Whether you are running an older Btrieve 6.x environment, or one of the newer versions, testing your application on a new database environment can be a daunting task. You need to set up a test server, install the database engine, test your application, and document any changes or fix any problems -- all while continuing to run your business.
Luckily, Goldstar Software can provide the resources that you need. For a fixed cost (plus travel expenses), we can get you started on the path to PSQL v13 support. Our special Jump Start program provides the following:
- Installation of Actian Zen v13: We install Zen/PSQL v13 or Btrieve v12 onto your test server and configure it for optimal performance. We also provide information and guidelines to your own installers for doing your customer installations, too.
- Initial Application Install and Testing: We work with you to install your own application and get it properly configured. We work together on the basic connectivity, ensuring that the application gets up and running properly and dealing with any issues that arise right away. When this is completed, you'll have a running system that can be used for complete application-level testing.
- Developer Update Session: Ever wonder what's new with Actian PSQL v13 for developers? We can sit down with your developers to review the recent changes in the PSQL engine and the updates to the various application programming interfaces (API's), so that they can decide which features can be used within your application. If time permits, we can even help prototype new features within your application, or review the performance of existing code. In some cases, we've been able to provide 10x (and higher) performance gains with minimal changes!
- Service & Support Training: We'll provide a condensed version of our PSQL Service & Support training class, with sections specifically designed for your salespeople, installers, developers, and support technicians. While the class is normally 3 days, we shrink it down to 2 days and cover only the parts which apply to your environment, including basic PSQL concepts, licensing, installation and tuning, troubleshooting, and SQL data access.
- (Optional) User Upgrades: We have the ability to provide optional services to your end users, working with them directly to provide PSQL v13 licenses and installation services. By allowing us to do what we do best, you can continue to do what YOU do best -- concentrate on your application development!
Contact us to discuss your particular needs and tailor a plan to your exact specifications!